Monday, April 24, 2006

On the Road Again

We'll be in Cuba by one o'clock on Tuesday afternoon. Oscar says he has been practicing "progressive idleness" for the last two weeks.

He says he has just about mastered it.

***
The trip to Cuba is meant to be a rest. Aside from a day trip to Havana, we plan to spend most of the time in a horizontal position on the beach or by a pool.

Young Doo went to Cuba during this past winter. He went with his mom and his new stepdad, Sticky. Doo said they had a very good time.

The only words of advice Doo could pass on about Cuba was regarding the ice cream.

He said, "Dey gotz bad ice queam in Cooba." Even though he didn't mean to, Doo said "Cuba" like it's spoken in Spanish.

I told him I planned to bring my own ice cream to Cuba. Doo thought this was a very good idea. Then he asked me if he could have some.

***
Apparently, there is a blogging machine at the hotel. I'll believe it when I see it. If it's possible, we'll report at least once from there. If not, we shall return in this space on May 3rd. . . . .

***

4 comments:

Jessica said...

bon voyage!

Balloon Pirate said...

Safe trip, guy. Smoke a Monty for me.

Yeharr

Dear Lovey Heart said...

i hope you have a simply fantastic trip my friend

Guy Wonders said...

Thank-you to all! It was a very relaxing vacation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails