Monday, October 31, 2005

Gum in My Hair

This morning I woke up with gum in my hair. Seriously. I'm not entirely sure how it got there, but it did.

More than half of my life is probably over and I've never managed to get gum in my hair. Until now. One would think this would only happen when you're a kid, but obviously not.

So the lesson is this: You're never too old to get gum in your hair.

***
Doo's mom tells Mrs. Wonders that Doo will be dressing up as a kangaroo for Halloween.

Doo's gonna be a kangaroo. Enough said.

***
Oscar has returned from his perversion excursion. He learned that a high-ranking guy with a very big corporation likes to smoke marijuana. I'm not sure whether to be pleased about this or dismayed. Maybe, I'm a little of both.

During his trip he saw another moose. This is his second moose in the last two months. We both agree this must be some kind of record.

Moose are fairly plentiful, of course, but only if you go looking for them. To have them find you is a little harder.

Oscar's last moose was when he went to The Stones concert in Moncton. The moose wasn't at the concert, of course. Oscar saw it near the place he was staying.

It would have been much funnier if he had seen it at The Stones concert.

***
Burning Manor still has its back stairs.

Elizabeth had vowed to remove them for her own use prior to the demolition tomorrow. Since it was the weekend, we had rain most of the time. Later in the day, however, it was fairly nice out.

This would have been a perfect time to dismantle them.

We don't know if Elizabeth approached two of the Dougs for help in this matter. Elizabeth was away for most of the day. Little Doug still has a few cracked ribs and a broken wrist, so he wouldn't have been much help. Big Doug is an avid curler and usually plays on Sundays. I think the curling season just started, too.

Perhaps Elizabeth changed her mind. Maybe her conscience got the better of her.

Either way, she's still going to tear a strip off Dirk whenever she does see him. She wants her five hundred dollar deductible back, one way or the other.

***
So the demolition of Burning Manor begins tomorrow.

I'm told it will take four days to bring it down to its foundation. Throughout The Sack, people are undoubtedly feeling relieved that Burning Manor will be no more. Gordon and Elizabeth are still holding their breath to see what happens next. Will Dirk and Dora return? Or will some new booze-swilling couple take their place?

Oscar and I are hoping that someone new will move into the rebuilt home. We have our fingers crossed that someone named Doug will move in.

Imagine, five Dougs in one cul de sac. If this wouldn't win us Cul de Sac of the Year, I don't know what would.

***

2 comments:

Clint said...

I methodically sweep my sleeping area for loose chewed gum before I go to sleep. Perhaps you should do the same.

A fifth Doug would be enough to earn my vote for Cul de Sac of the Year, no doubt. I might even think of calling the new resident "Unknowing Cul de Sac of the Year Award Lobbyist Doug", though will likely let you name him something catchier and less keystroke intense.

Added an extremely small review of your blog to my site, along with a plead for others to join me here. Keep up the excellent writing!

Guy Wonders said...

Thanks for the encouragement - for the writing and the gum sweeping. I've been sleeping safely with a shower cap for the last few nights, but I like the gum security sweep much better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails